A primary barrier preventing seniors from growing old in the communities they know and love is the lack of affordable housing appropriate for the needs of seniors as they age. To address this issue, NewCourtland provides a variety of housing options for seniors seeking to "age in place," in their own homes and neighborhoods, for as long and healthy as possible. With safety, support, and security at the forefront of everything we do, our five distinctive categories of housing ensure that the needs of our residents are always met.
From apartments designed for independent living, to housing for seniors transitioning out of nursing homes, to cottages for the memory-impaired and their caregivers, to dormitory-style living at domiciliary care, NewCourtland does more than just provide a place to live. Our approach to senior housing is holistic, incorporating every aspect of life, from family and friends to interests and programs that enable seniors to live life to the fullest.
Germantown Senior Community
The Germantown Senior Community serves as the flagship campus of the NewCourtland Network and is a model for the continuum of care available to a growing number of seniors who desire to age in place. This campus offers four types of housing:
- The Apartments at Germantown Senior Community - one-bedroom apartments include full amenities for independent adults aged 62 and above
- The Cottages at Germantown Senior Community - two-bedroom cottages designed specifically for people with dementia to live in a secure, home setting with the support of a loved one serving as their primary caregiver
- NewCourtland Square at Germantown Senior Community - two stories of 26 studio and one-bedroom apartments specifically designed for seniors aged 55 and above to affordably and safely transition out of nursing homes and back into the community through built-in support services.
- NewCourtland DOM Care at Germantown Senior Community - Fully furnished two-bedroom suites with 24-hour supportive services and assistance with personal care, NewCourtland’s Domiciliary (DOM) Care is supervised living in a home-like setting for seniors
Additional Housing Available in the NewCourtland Network
- The Apartments at Cliveden –315 W. Johnson St., Philadelphia, PA 19144
Our newest affordable housing, featuring 62 one-bedroom apartments uniquely suited for medically or physically at-risk seniors aged 62 and above.